GSoC with git, week 12: finally a builtin

Le dans «GSoC 2018» par Alban
Mots-clés: ,

So, last week, I rewrote interactive rebase as a builtin. This task was mostly trivial. Mostly.

When I tried to call complete_action() after sequencer_make_script(), some tests related to submodules in t3404 broke. Johannes Schindelin found out that the issue is related to a cache that was not properly refreshed. Many thanks to him.

There also was a memory bug in the code. In short, I passed a string acquired from the command line to a function that tried to free() it later, causing the program to segfault. A xstrdup_or_null() fixed the issue.

Anyway, I sent the result to the mailing list, and I am waiting for feedback.